Sunday, October 29, 2006
How many are there???
It's the great Pumpkin!
He's rising up out of the pumpkin patch! No, wait...it's just Snoopy, I mean the Red Baron.
Don't you just love the Halloween classics!
Friday, October 27, 2006
Birg Bird...who knew?
|You Are Big Bird|
Talented, smart, and friendly... you're also one of the sanest people around.
You are usually feeling: Happy. From riding a unicycle to writing poetry, you have plenty of hobbies to keep you busy.
You are famous for: Being a friend to everyone. Even the grumpiest person gets along with you.
How you life your life: Joyfully. "Super. Duper. Flooper."
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
A scene from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Fabulous music on my iPod...
I'd like to put my fingers on you
I'd like to paint a picture for you
Sometimes you don't understand where I am coming from
I am just trying to make you see, I desire the simple things...
Corrine Bailey Rae
Do I need to say anymore? This is not directed at anyone, I just like the lyrics. If you have heard this song, you would understand.
Thanks Becky! ;0)
Count down to Halloween...
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Silly things from my sister...
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I was supposed to named Brenda Lee but my mom put an end to that!
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Tuesday
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Not any more.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Turkey
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sure!
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Sort of...
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Yes, but only with someone that I trust.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Lucky Charms
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, but not always
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Mint Chocolate Chip
14. SHOE SIZE? 6 1/2 to 7
15. FAVORITE COLOR? Orange
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I think too much
17. WHO DO YOU MISS? Everyone
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Would be nice but not necessary
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans with dark brown shoes
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Orange scone
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Star 104.5
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Orange
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Linens hung out on the line to dry
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? OnionBoy
25. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Their smile
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Fanta Orange soda, but I don't drink it any more
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Baseball, of course
29. EYE COLOR? Blue
30. HAT SIZE? Not sure
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes, mainly for swing dancing
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Hot dinner rolls
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Both
34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Dark brown
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, but fall is my absolute favorite time of the year
36. HUGS OR KISSES? BOTH!
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Pumpkin pie
38. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Don't know
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Everyone
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Harry Potter
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSEPAD? A view of the earth and the space shuttle, of course
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Did not turn it on
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? A light rain
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles, of course
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? California
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Sewing, but I have stopped for awhile
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Omaha, NE
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? My sister
Friday, October 13, 2006
Grey's Anatomy Survey
The beginning scene where McDreamy comes around the corner, all dressed in black with his hospital jacket on was enough for me to decide who I would pick. But, that is just me.
Given the choice, which one would you choose....
This is a non-scientific survey that is purely for enjoyment. Please comment on who you would pick and why.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
What Scent are You?
|Your Scent is Lemon|
Vivacious, tangy, and lively
You are one gigantic ball of energy!
What has been going on...
Since my last post, the biggest project that I have been working on at work is finally over! The long nights and weekends are finally going to slow down. The last half of September seems like a blur. I must have put in like 120 hours in a ten-day timespan and I am sure that I looked like it, too.
Even with all that going on, I did managed to get some dancing in though. The last LITP for the summer was fun. This has been the most enjoyable summer that I can remember.
Following the last LITP was the going away party for Billy and Lindsay at the LaVista Community Center. There were a lot of people there and it was great to be able to spend time with them before leaving on their adventure to London. I discovered that I am not good at playing ping pong but I am able to keep with up two toddlers whom I chased around the center for about an hour.
Vivian celebrated her 27th birthday on September 27th. There was a birthday party for her at Troy and Merinda's. The theme for her birthday was Turtles. She received an assortment of turtle gifts. Onionboy gave her the coolest turtle hat as well as some other cherished gifts. A few days later she discovered that her purse was overflowing with turtles. I wonder how that happened? Hmm?
Friday night at JNO was great as usual with Viv's birthday jam! She owned the dance floor.
On September 30th, I was in the River City Roundup Parade. There was 10 us all wearing bright orange t-shirts promoting Activate Omaha and JNO. We joined up with some people from UNO and some other volunteers and the parade began! It was a beautiful day for a parade. We got to throw t-shirts and frisbees into the crowd as well as hand out JNO free passes.
I signed up for the Lindy Hop - Level I class on Wednesday nights. I missed the first lesson but quickly got caught up at the second class. It was a full class and I can't wait to see what we learn next week. After class, I met up with Onionboy and Suzie and the others at Travato's. The band played really great music as usual. It was a great night.
I believe that brings me up to date on my posts.
Thanks to Jittercliff and Onionboy for the photos.